Wild & Whimsy Events Terms and Conditions
The customer (you) agrees to the following terms and conditions when hiring goods (Equipment) from Wild & Whimsy Events (us).
Payment and Securing your Booking
A deposit will be required to secure your booking and full payment is required one week, (unless otherwise agreed) before the date of your party or event. The deposit will be 50% of the total due payment. Bookings and/or equipment will be held for up to 3 days while we wait for your payment to clear. If the payment is not received by the date discussed then your booking will be canceled. Payments are to be made into the bank account provided on your invoice. Please remember to quote your surname as a reference.
1. A refundable bond is payable for all equipment hired from us. The value of the bond depends on the equipment hired from us and will be specified on your invoice. The bond will be refunded in full if the items are returned undamaged and in the same good clean condition they were left in. If any items are returned unclean, stained, damaged or there are missing items, Wild & Whimsy Events reserves the right to retain all or part of the bond at our discretion. If the damage to hire items are in excess of the bond paid, the customer will be responsible for the payment of the remaining amount owing. We reserve the right to use a Debt Collection Agency to collect all outstanding costs if the customer does not pay the fees. The customer shall be liable for any collection fees, legal fees, or court costs thereby incurred on an indemnity basis.
2. At the time of delivery, we (Wild & Whimsy Events) and you (the customer) will need to do a full inspection of all equipment being hired to make sure everything is in good working order and there is no damage. The same will need to be done at the end of the hire period (this takes 5-10 minutes max).
3. In the event of the non-return or loss of the equipment, you agree to pay us for the full replacement value of the equipment without set off or deduction.
Hire Period and charges:
1. All overnight sleepover party set ups are for 1 night only (extra nights can be negotiated for an additional cost). Booking set-up and pack-down times will be arranged on a case by case basis but will generally be within a 24-hour period. The customer is responsible to be present to accept delivery or collection of the equipment at the agreed time. You will be allocated a 2-hour window for our arrival. Please confirm the arrival time of your guests when booking so we can schedule enough time to set up before they arrive. Daytime party set ups will be delivered on the morning of the booking and will be picked up the same day (before 5pm). ‘Hire only’ items can be collected by the customer from Wild & Whimsy Events HQ from 9:00AM on the morning of the requested hire date and are to be returned no later than 5:00PM that same day, longer hire periods are available at an additional cost.
2. During the hire period, the customer must ensure the equipment is looked after and stored correctly. Customer liability starts upon delivery/collection of items and ends once the items are returned to us.
3. Hire charges shall be calculated in accordance with our price list current at the time of hire.
4. GST shall be payable on all hire charges.
5. In the event of non-payment of any sum owing under these terms, in addition to any other rights reserved under these terms, we reserve the right to charge interest at 5% per annum on any outstanding amount until the date of payment.
1. The customer accepts responsibility for the loss or damage to all property and/or equipment and is to ensure that children are supervised at all times when using the equipment. The Customer is responsible for any injury to any person/s which is a direct result from any use or operation (including installation and dismantling if appropriate) of the equipment.
2. The customer agrees to indemnify us from any third-party claims arising from the customer’s failure to adequately supervise children using the equipment.
3. Our liability for any claim or demand arising under these terms or in tort, shall not exceed the total sum of the hire charges charged to the customer.
1. We endeavour to keep our equipment in the best possible condition that we can. If any of our equipment is not in good working order we ask that you please contact us immediately so that we can rectify the problem where possible. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any compensation for items at fault if we are only informed about an issue at the end of the hire period. Please follow care instructions with hire items to help maintain them.
If for any reasons a customer cancels a booking, the following will apply:
1. Cancellation more than 28 days before the event, no fee applies and the customer will be refunded their bond and deposit (if it is has been paid to us).
2. Cancellation within 28 days of the event, will incur a $20 fee, this will be deducted from the deposit paid. The remaining balance of the deposit and/or bond will be reimbursed.
3. Cancellation within 1-7 days of the event will incur a fee of 50% of the total hire value shown on the invoice. The remaining balance and deposit will be reimbursed.
4. If the customer needs to postpone the party, it is at the discretion of Wild & Whimsy Events as to whether they cancel or postpone, this would depend on the availability of dates and themes/packages already booked.
1. Before set up can commence, the designated floor area must be cleared of furniture and must be clean (dirt and dust free) to enable quick and easy assembly of the equipment.
2. The hire equipment is not to be sublet to any other person or company during your hire period, any disregard to this will result in a termination of agreement and the full bond will be retained by Wild & Whimsy Events.
3. You agree that we may use your personal information for the purposes of sending you information about our products and services.